troutfly;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope this finds you well and spring is beginning to sprung a wee bit in your area of the world.

We've had a long, protracted and chilly one here and as you likely know that's cause for much weeping and gnashing of teeth for us soft, pampered Okanangan residents.... wink

I just wanted to say a quick thanks for helping out our neighbor to the south with the queries - you were as usual spot on.

It's funny that when we've been camping on either side of the medicine line - for instance one summer we worked our way down to Yellowstone, up through Glacier Park Montana, then into Waterton, up through Kananaskis and back down home through Glacier BC. Anyway we could legally purchase the exact same bear spray on both sides and carry it in the same manner - but of course could not legally cross in either direction with it. crazy

When we were tenting south of Revelstoke last summer the campsite was awash with sub-adult black bears and while one of the restricted firearms in the safe back home might have been okay to have if legal, we slept reasonably soundly with the bottom bear discouragement device in between our air mattresses. wink
[Linked Image]
As a by the way we're running Challenger loaded Gualandi slugs in it since Brenneke are unobtanium - but the youtube video tests seem to indicate they're not a terrible choice. In the same vein, I'd opine that if I ever have to touch off a Challenger from inside our tent, the hearing of the bear and us will NEVER EVER be the same! laugh

Lastly it was a good call on the knives. My EDC is an assisted ZT which I purchased from a Canadian distributor and is totally legal - but there is no way I ever cross the medicine line with anything but a totally manual and somewhat gummy Buck Vantage Pro - just because, right? wink

Mostly I just wanted to say hello and wish you and yours a good spring. I see the wind has slowed down some now so I've got to slither out and drop a bug killed Ponderosa in the yard before it comes down where it shouldn't.

Thanks again and have a good weekend sir.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 03/18/17. Reason: Forgot photo of bear scarers

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"