Dwayne,
Great idea. I'll make the same offer wrt Alberta regs about sorting out queries as I am an AB Hunter Safety Ed instructor and Fishing Education program instructor.

If you are planning a hunt in AB and there is a chance to include fishing, do it! Be aware that ALL fishing in Alberta is barbless hooks only. At present the hook on the end of your line must be barbless but the ones in your tackle box/fly vest etc can still be barbed. It is important that you remember to pinch the barb before tying it to your line as the CO's have no mercy.

The Hunter Host program is an excellent program BUT it can be complicated to workout the details. If you have family or a good friend here it is very worthwhile utilizing it. You must be aware though that absolutely NO money or goods can change hands. No trip trading either. Very worthwhile opportunity to check out.

As GRF mentions, My Wild Alberta is an excellent portal to everything outdoors related.

Another excellent source of info is the Alberta Conservation Association where I sit on the BOD. We have a couple of free publications which would also assist in a trip to Alberta. One is the Discovery Guide. It lists where all the properties that are owned by the various conservation orgs in Alberta are located and the types of activities that are allowed. These are open to the public, day use, foot access only lands. Published annually
The other pub is called Conservation, it is published twice a year and outlines the research and habitat projects that the ACA and partner/member groups undertake. Excellent background info. Both pubs are avail online or in hardcopy @ www.ab-conservation.com
There is also an app for the Discovery Guide.