Fellow Campfire Members:
I'm going to bump this one to the top as there have been a couple of threads lately specifically asking for information regarding hunts in BC - bear and moose.

The other bit of new information that I'll share and please note that this is just my opinion on the matter and nothing more.

Since it now appears that our infamous long gun registry is being put down, there have been a number of inquiries here and elsewhere as to how that will affect visiting hunters or folks just passing through who wish to travel with firearms.

If it were me, I'd suggest that the visiting hunters follow the above links and obtain the very latest information posted there.

Then if at all possible I'd print copies of what the sites say for the requirements of a visiting hunter and have that, along with the websites ready in hand when you hit Canadian Border Services.

While I might be overlooking something, it wouldn't surprise me if there is a bit of confusion by all branches of LEO for the first while here as to what they are and aren't enforcing anymore.

As many - even most LEO in Canada aren't "gun folks" - it might be a small way to help smooth the crossing out. Sometimes a bit of printed information and a way to go to the source can really speed up everyone's day.

Hopefully that is some use to someone out there. Good luck on your hunts folks and welcome to Canada.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"