Dwayne, thanks for the reply.

One question you didn't answer was, is Rick likely to make this a sticky? Possibly you do not know the answer. To my mind it would be silly to gather a lot of information and then let it all disappear into the forest of "old" threads.

In the past I have tried to help out with information concerning things I know about hunting in certain areas of Ontario. Sometimes this is difficult for the following reasons.

A certain amount of responsibility has to fall onto the shoulders of those making the inquiries. So often an inquiry starts out "I want to hunt ..... (fill in animal) in ..... (fill in state or province), where should I go?" This doesn't tell us whether they want guided or unguided, trophy or meat hunting, amount of time available for a hunt, amount of money the person feels they can spend, size of party (one person or a group), sometimes not even the origin of the hunter making the inquiry.

For example, if I know someone from the east coast of the US wants to hunt moose my first suggestion if they want a high probability of being succesful regardless of moose size would be Newfoundland. Often the posters have nothing in their identification as to which part of the country they hail from. In these cases the info usually isn't even shown in their profile. This leaves the potential helpers in the position of trying to dig out all kinds of detail before they can even begin to help.

Hey guys, if you want help, then help us with details right off the bat. If some one is inquiring about Ontario they must realize that to drive from one side of Ontario to the other it may take 4 or 5 days. Do they wish to fly or to drive and haul meat?

I have a daughter living in Calgary and friends in Kelowna, BC. Not far in mileage but due to the road system the drive takes the best part of a day. Obviously a person who is not familiar with the province would not understand this thus point of origin has a big bearing on what may be suggested.

Much of this seems obvious but based on many inquiries I have read here it is often overlooked.

Just some more random thoughts on things which need to be considered.

Jim