If by "worst" we mean the ones the are most prone to parts breaking or coming apart, I can tell you that there is one American made bolt action that leads the pack in needed repairs by over 6X.

I know. I am one of the men that repairs them.
In fact I use to work at a service center for the western states, for the company that makes it.

Not hard to figure out.
If you go to a Brownells catalog or a Midway catalog you'll find offerings for conversions to replace it's extractors with other designs and factory replacement extractors too.

You'll find a LOT of after market triggers offered.

In the past and maybe today you can also find jigs to hold the bolt handles in correct alignment to the bolt bodies,so they can be re-soldered back on then they come off. (which they do from time to time)

No other gun has as much "support" ------so called.
(which really means parts to repair and replace the defective parts and weak parts)

In fact, no other gun or gun maker of today has many after-market goodies offered at all, because they don't have as many failures. Even on the lowest-priced guns, made by other manufacturers you don't see anywhere near the number of parts failures. Replacement triggers yes, to improve trigger pulls, but not aftermarket parts made to replace broken parts.

It is one of the most popular bolt action in the USA, but that is NOT NOT NOT a reason to believe it's best.

it is very pretty and very well finished as a rule, and slick to operate. Also as a rule they are also quite accurate.
But overall if fails more then any other bolt gun.

In my many decades of gunsmiths if I look at the "bound books" and see what guns I have done major repairs on for the reason of part failure, this bolt action has more entry's then the next 6 models or makers combined.

See if you can guess which one it is.

It's popular enough that naming it seems to be insulting peoples religion, or insulting their kids. It draws hatred and excuses. But facts are facts.
Opinions can vary as to what those facts mean, but the facts still stand.

Last edited by szihn; 05/21/17.