Szihn.

Brownells also sells a hell of a lot of m1911,AR-15 and Ruger 10/22 parts too. Does that mean THOSE designs are inherently flawed as well?

Browmells sells so many aftermarket parts for Remington 700s for this reason alone-
More Remington m700 rifles have been built in the last 50 years than any other centerfire bolt action rifle in the US- I believe over 6 million.
Plus all of its siblings which use many of the same parts- the m600,660,m7 and XP100.

So, just by shear mathmatical odds alone- you would see more of them in your shop. Or more folks want to customize them.

And BTW, Remington m700s have always been reasonably priced rifles. Which means a lot of ignorant newbies have owned them over the years.
Which leads to idiotic things like improperly adjusting or not maintaning triggers or getting talked into converting the extractor design to the SAKO or AR-15 style because. some "expert" told them to.. And sadly,some of those self styled "experts" adjust Remington triggers lower than their factory designed pull weights and sear engagements. Or flood them with oil that dries over time and leads to malfunctions.

But once a gunsmith or lawyer gets involved- magically that all becomes Remington's fault because they did not make a MORON PROOF rifle.

The 30+ m700s I have owned/shot/tuned during the last 30 years have all run just fine
Feed and extracted fine .Clean, safe triggers and good to amazing accuracy right out if the box.No ADs or misfeeds.

BTW, No rifle model is a "religion" to me..The bolt action centerfires in my cabinet currently include everything from Pre 64 m70s and Sakos to a new Ruger American. And right now, there are more m700s in the rack than any other model because in my experience -they work.

Last edited by jk16; 05/21/17.