RE M700's...

I've had exactly two. One, a beautiful .308 BDL, was arguably the most accurate rifle I've ever owned, putting 6 or 7 of the first 9 shots into a vertical string half a diameter wide and about three diameters high. The remaining shots were almost touching the others. Since these were development loads with 0.5g increments in powder, the vertical stringing was of no concern. That rifle had a problem with head space, however, and was hard on brass. I traded it away to get my first AR.

The second said "Special Purpose Wood" on the box. It had a checkered walnut stock but no end cap. It also had the magazine floorplate. Chambered for .30-06. Price was right ($425 new), so I couldn't pass it up for a work rifle. Not my most accurate rifle but certainly acceptable.

So far no bolt handles have detached and no extractors have broken. But, sample of two and neither much fired.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.