To answer my own question is problematic as there are so many rifles I dislike for various reasons. The Remington M710/M770 stand out as I'm more familiar with them than many of the others.

When Remington came out with the M798 I was excited. That excitement lasted until I handled my first one, which felt like it had sand in the action. So did the second and third one I tried.

The "value line" rifles currently available (Savage Axis, Ruger American, etc.) fail to excite me. There are simply way to many good used rifles available at reasonable prices for me to drool over them. Case in point, a Savage FXP3 I bought for $295 out the door at a gun show last year. It was chambered for .243 Win and shoots holes touching at 100 yards. Kind of homely but a solid action that is easily re-barreled, which was my intent until I shot it. Over half my rifles came to me used. I still see many good used rifles at gun shows at prices that would be irresistible if I was in the market for another rifle.

A POS Mossberg shotgun I bought decades ago soured me on anything Mossberg. Mossberg still doesn't have anything in their lineup that interests me. Their tacticool "reinvention" of the lever action .30-30, the 464 SPX, is easily one of the top contenders for ugliest rifle ever built.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.