Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
If I may interject a question please, how would you know if a Walker trigger is in your 25 yr. old M700 30-06 ?

Should I take it to a good gunsmith ?

Because you ask - if you are concerned, yes.

Thank you Coyote Hunter, wasn't sure if it only effected newer rifles...I'll take it over to be checked, and change to a quality after market if needed,,,love my Remingtons.

Remington has a recall on some of their newer triggers but the Walker was the old design they used for decades. A rifle you cant trust isn't a rifle I would want to carry, hence my response. I trust my M700 but I also treat it like I do my other firearms - never point it at something you're not willing to destroy.

What EXACTLY do you think is wrong with the Walker trigger? You have not said anything specific and of substance and I am wondering whose line of reasoning you are swallowing.

Remington's own manufacturing records, for one.

I agree that an FOR discharge should not happen and that in many cases it probably has been the result of mal-adjusted or dirty triggers. The question is who adjusted the trigger and when. Remington's own records showed many M700s and a much higher percentage of M600's (same trigger) failed testing as they went down the manufacturing line. Are you suggesting none of those made it into the wild?

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 05/25/17. Reason: spelnig

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.