Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I currently own one. A very accurate, heavy barreled 22-250 we keep in our place in PA for groundhogs. That's all we use it for. Loaded single round and never use the safety. I don't own any Yugos either, but somehow I know they are POS. Does your safety lock the bolt? (rhetorical question). That alone right there, is enough to elevate them to POS status.

Their POS status must be why virtually every custom action is based on the design. Makes perfect sense to me...

To you, yes, but let me go check what the premier gunmakers (you know like Echols, WR, H&H, etc) are using. OK done...

The Remington 700 is the firearms industry version of the small block Chevy V8 engine. Common as dirt, easy to work on, and tons of after-market parts for the guy who wants to personalize his property to fit what his idea of good is. I currently have 55 firearms from the Remington 700 family, some original, but most modified in some manner to better meet my specific needs/wants, none of which have had any sort of failure. I am very conscientious about cleaning and maintaining them whenever I use them so that the probability of operator influenced failure is as close to zero as I can make it.

I don't understand why an individual who isn't involved in the industry would care what other people buy or like.