Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I don't need one, but sure like having one available for crappy weather. We're more likely to get rain than snow and the seasons of WV and Va run from early November into early January, so sleet and the deadly "wintry mix" are common as well. I'm unemployed, so can pick my hunting days, but working schlubs gotta go when they can get off, even in the schitt.

Also, as a confirmed lazy-ass, I like the option of throwing a wet rifle in the corner until after my dinner and nap.

I'm with you.

But the question was why did this rifle fail in the sales department.

Dave

Not pretty enough for the guys willing to pay that much for a rifle, and too expensive for the cheap gun crowd. Lots of Ruger fans don't like the matte finish either, apparently. So many bitched about the matte blued models, they started making them a little shinier. According to another thread, those are going to get dumped too, though. There's plenty of them out there, new and used, so us refined and intelligent types still have plenty to choose from.

Blame it on the bean counters. They seem to think they're in this to make money. Of course, those same guys sold a bunch of $1800 Number 1s to SAS and some others cheap enough that he could sell one to me for less than $900 and still make a couple bucks, so maybe their business model has a few wrinkles.

What fresh Hell is this?