Hello, I have a really good spot for Whitetail hunting on a ridge overlooking a hollow. The problem is getting to my stand.

I have about a two mile hike, then climb a low high wall, then up the hollow. I have gone in, at times in 10 degree weather, in just a T-Shirt, underwear and rubber boots with no socks, carrying my heavier stuff and socks, etc., and still always end up in a lather of sweat...I have seen deer spook on my back trail hours after I have passed. I have observed different reactions. Sometimes it's comical, especially the reactions of young bucks. But one thing for certain is they all take some kind of evasive action. The deer seem to recognize my trail easier when the ground is bare. When there is a few inches of snow they don't seem to notice as much. You'd think it would be the opposite.

There is no other way for me to get to this excellent spot except for the way I described.

I would really appreciate any advice on scent control in this situation. I have never been much for scent control sprays, etc and supposedly "scent proof" rubber boots don't seem to matter, but am willing to try anything that the forum members might suggest. Deer down in the hollow never scent me when I'm up in my stand over looking the hollow but it's getting there without leaving a scent trail that's the problem. How can I minimize my scent trail.

Thanks for ant help....TD

"an armed society is a polite society"