Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by battue
I'm not referencing the entire U.S. However, if you think there are more Deer in the Pa mountains of today than there were in the 1920's-1950's, you probably also believe in global warming. Because you believe everything you read.

Ever wonder why the Pa game pole pics of today rarely equal the ones of the 20-50's. You need to wonder a little more.

Hunted Pike,Wayne ,Potter and Tioga counties in the 70's and 80's sounded like a battlezone, there were a ton of deer everywhere. My friend who lives near State College experienced the same thing.

And there were more in the 50-60's. Today there isn't 1/100 of those years past. In the 60's we would see 100 plus per day in Warren and Forest. 100 and you may see a 3inch spike or a few small forks. Spotting at night you quit counting. There were too many for the habitat. Of course they were few and far between below I80.

Grouse were like ticks today. The old Boys talked about 40-50 flushes per day just walking down the trails. No need to bust into the thick stuff. Then again if you believe yesterday was the same as your today, you never will get it. The world never cooled and warmed in the past, it's all about today.

Last edited by battue; 07/10/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler