I'm with the guys that don't worry about it much, as the biggest deer I ever killed walked under my stand less than 16-20 minutes after I climbed up in it. I was sitting there frozen 12 ft over his head afraid he would see me if I raised my gun or moved. I fully expected him to bolt when he cut my trail but he walked within 2-3 ft of the ladder to the stand and never blinked an eye. I had a deer walk by my feet hanging off a rock ledge I was sitting on. I could have kicked her if I wanted. To the OP I'm thinking if you are getting the reaction you are describing you are either stepping in something really strong like gas or maybe you just have án enzyme in your system that creates the reaction. I'd watch my soap, after shave, wife's perfume, laundry soap, diet , pets , gun oils , hoppes , cigarettes etc.

I'll share a story a friend tells on himself. He fell asleep sitting against a tree while deer hunting. He said you know how something just wakes you up just because you sense a presence . He said I opened my eye s and a doe was staring right in my face sniffing me not 6" away from my nose. Quote "I screamed like a school girl" .

Last edited by bangeye; 08/17/17.