30 years the stand is most productive and I should be satisfied but here in Pa, and probably anywhere one hunts whitetails, your back trail is a defense mechanism for deer among a lot of other things. ...any other approach would be worse or through an area that's posted no trespassing and even through there, would be no easier ....

it's woodland, basically, bush hunting.The longest shot I have made at that particular spot was 80 yards. I can see clear enough out only to about 120 yards and in only one direction. The lines of sight in other directions are even shorter (good whitetail country) I am in my stand, which is on the ground, back to a tree, when I see deer....of course, as most everyone else, I hunt other stands but it's getting more and more difficult as a lot of once "public" land becomes private land and is posted..... an idea of how to alleviate a back trail scent would be useful no matter what spot I hunt but I thought describing that particular stand would be a good example.

I am a big buck hunter, passing on the young ones, About 15 years ago (It seems, not exactly sure) Pa passed an antler restriction law and many thought "now it's going to be easy to get a big buck" IMO, the reverse is true because when a young buck, that normally would have been shot in short order, makes it through a couple of hunting seasons. he becomes very difficult to hunt. Since I pass on smaller, often quite legal buck and save the doe tag for Flintlock season I observe a lot of deer that I don't shoot at. I try not to leave any signs of my presence in an area as much as possible and at the same time realizing that it's almost impossible, in the areas I hunt, to make your presence unknown to a wise old trophy.

I never worried about my back trail until recently. Just wondering if anyone has an idea of what to do about.

"an armed society is a polite society"