Far be it from me to defend Remington, on pretty much anything. They've screwed the pooch on a bunch of good stuff, even before the fatal acquisition by the Freedom Group. It amazes me that they've managed to keep the doors open. When I start to itch all over for something, I never even consider them anymore.

Hornady, on the other hand, continues to turn out good stuff, and good ideas. Their support for semi-obsolete cartridges with brass and ammo does us all a service. After a couple of missteps, I've settled on their brass for my .243s finding it consistent in quality and weight over several lots. (I've got so much .308 and .270 brass around, mostly older Winchester, I doubt I'll ever need any more of either). I remember your initial (I think) article on the 6.5 and was impressed by good performance of the ammo, and also the fact that they put the load data on the box; a great idea. From stuff I've read here, that initial quality seems to be holding up, and I just checked and found they offer 11 loads, which is amazing.

Might have to rethink my notions about short 6.5s. Anyway, the selection of available .260s is so slim, it's hardly a factor.

How did the silhouette shooters deal with the .260's "issues", just single-loading?

Last edited by Pappy348; 07/18/17.

What fresh Hell is this?