I've only owned one 264/6.5mm - a model 700 264 Win Mag back in the late 60's.

If I were to get another of that caliber it would be a 6.5x06 or perhaps 6.5x57 and the 6.5x57 would not be on a short action.

The crede isn't sexy to me. The factory 260's are not either. But if I were to build a 260 it would be on a longer than the "short action" and it would have a faster twist like MD's. But it would be third or fourth choice of the 6.5mm's.

Remington has repeatedly has brought out cartridges with what I feel to slow of rifling twist. Back in the day, it was thought that spinning the bullet faster than needed was detrimental to accuracy. (Those engineers have retired), Remington's 244 vs the 243, the 444, are two cartridges besides the 260 with twists that in my opinion were too slow. Why can't Remington get it straight - bullets are more concentric than they were 75 years ago.

Prhaps what a friend told me is true, the gun loonies no longer work there, they all play golf now.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally