Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by santeerangerman
It sure seems to be. Just a couple of years back, it was not that difficult to find at least some decent factory ammo. Local shops even here in SC would stock several different brands and loads. Today, you'll be lucky to find a dusty old box of 140 grn Cor-lokts. Even the mail order houses that I relied on, seem to have dried up quite a bit.

It's a real shame, it was not marketed better. It's a damn fine round. I guess the 6.5 Creedmoor just sounds sexier...

It's not so much a matter of sounding sexier.

The 260 has two major flaws.

- a slow twist that doesn't handle higher bc bullets.
- case geometry that would not handily accommodate longer high BC bullets in a 2.8" magazine.

Whoever designed the 6.5 Creedmoor had a clue what they were trying to achieve..

The two major flaws that you cite only are flaws when high BC VLD are part of the equation, Otherwise most component hunting bullets from 85 through 140 grains work fine with the 1-9" ROT that Remington used until recently and feed through the 2.8" Remington SA magazines as well as any of the other 308 family of cartridges. At least that has been my experience with around three dozen of them.

I started shooting rifles in 6.5 Creedmoor because it was something new to try and I'm always in search of new projects to keep busy.