Stopped by the local gun store yesterday (regional place, big inventory) and asked what had been selling. "Bergaras in 6.5 Creedmoor" was the answer. And this is in po-dunk north Louisiana. I look at 3-4 rifles a year for buddies/family to float barrels, mount scopes, or respring triggers, and I'm seeing some Creedmoors mixed in with the .308 and .270 stuff. These are not rifle loonies. Helping a guy put together his first semi-custom on a 700 and he picked the Creedmoor, after doing a bit of reading and research. Another guy called me last month for my opinion on a Texas smith making him his first turn-key lefty custom for deer hunting. He'd already decided on the Creedmoor. None of these guys handload and the good ammo at $20-30 a box is a big factor, along with the "easy shooting / long-range accuracy" concept. Many have figured out that they don't need a big kicking rifle to be effective on deer-sized animals and maybe there is not a good reason why also shooting your deer rifle for fun is a bad thing.

Now with even more aplomb