Dirtfarmer;
Good morning to you sir, hopefully the summer is treating you and yours well.

I too am enjoying the thread and not because we've been playing with the Swede cartridge for years here either, though I suppose the real world experience doesn't hurt.

Up here across the medicine line the biggest gain in shooters are the recreational shooters, not hunters as it was a couple decades ago. Typically they'll start with factory ammo and stock set up rifles, so the 6.5 Creed has become something we see more and more on our ranges too. As well we're seeing many more female shooters than we did previously and they tend to be results oriented in my experience - which better said perhaps would be they don't need the biggest/loudest - they just want to hit consistently and again the fast twist .223's and the 6.5 Creed does that with a tad less recoil than even a .308.

Those that wander away from shooting paper and steel and into the hunting fields are finding the .264" bullets work fine on deer sized game too and in this world of social media, the word gets around faster than it used to in print only days.

Anyway that's just one guy's thoughts on the matter and nothing more. All the best to you all this summer sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"