Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Jeff,

Remington and Winchester don't dominate the rifle market as they used to.

Major European companies are now chambering rifles for the 6.5 Creedmoor. It's not just starting to become a standard American chambering, but world-wide. Of course, part of the reason is the U.S. being the largest rifle market, but the fact remains that European gun companies have a better idea of what's really going on than many Campfire members. I know this sounds strange, but it's true.

Despite its usefulness, I don't think that the 6.5 Creedmoor will reach the level of success/distribution in the U.S. that the 223, 243, 270, 7mm REM MAG, 30-30, 308, 30-06, and 300 WIN MAG have.

I can only report on what I see, and I what I see at the range and in gun racks are bolt action rifles from REM/RUG/SAV, lever action rifles from HEN/MAR, and semi-auto ARs. The only 6.5 Creedmoor that I've seen at the range that didn't belong to me was an RPR. I don't see many European rifles, a few Sakos, or Asian rifles, a few Vanguards, here in Nebraska. I travel a bit in the Midwest, Colorado, and in New England and I'm not seeing 6.5 Creedmoor rifles in the new/used racks or factory ammo on the shelf of small/local gun shops in those states either.

I'm not anti-6.5 Creedmoor, I currently have 7 of them and hope to buy a couple of the RAR 16942 style when/if they hit the market. I think that the factory ammo is great and I've shot a couple of whitetails with the 129 grain Hornady American Whitetail factory load from an RAR-P last fall, so I think that I'm doing my fair share to help it along.