I bought a Rem 700 BDLtainless/synthetic stock for Hunter class silhouette the first year that Remington introduced them, 1998 IIRC, at that time the rules stated that for Hunter class it must be an off the shelf rifle available to the general public.
It must have been built at the low point of some assemblers day, I ended up having to get it blue printed in order for it to shoot an acceptable group, the machinist who did the work said it was the most out of tolerance 700 he had even encountered.

Admittedly high power silhouette competition is hard on barrels because it is 5 shots in two and one-half minutes, usually a break of one minute then another 5 shots in two and one-half minutes, so the barrels get pretty hot. My disappointment with the 260 was that barrel life was about like a 243, by 1500 rounds the barrel was gone.

I like the 260 a lot but if I were to build another Hunter class rifle I would give the Creedmore a try just to see if barrel life was a bit better.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.