Well you know it's not just guns. I'm finding more and more lately that I have a lot of STUFF, stuff I "had to have", that I don't need and never use. Frankly at this point I'd rather have the space freed up than the stuff. Did the same thing several years ago with guitars. Used to have 7-8 at any given time, always looking for that next great thing, truth be told the only one I ever played much was my Martin D16. Sold all the others and have never looked back(well ok so I DO look at nice Telecasters from time to time, but I haven't had the great urge to buy one). The way I look at it, if I can free up a ton of space in the house, the attic, the safe, and the garage...AND finance a new workshop in the process(not JUST paring down the guns) then, why not?

As far as the rifles for my boys, there is still going to be custom Mauser 98's in .270 in the safe for them(along with a couple 10/22 carbines). As far as replacing the ones I'm selling...I'd rather spend the money it would take hunting or vacationing with my family. The older I get the more I realize that life's too short to spend it keeping up with the Jones...besides have you SEEN the Jones' VISA bill???!!!

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči