Hunting buddy emailed earlier today. He his only bolt gun is a 7mm RM and wants to do some shooting on Saturday. He can't shoot his 7mm RM much due to shoulder probs so he built some 7mm RM 120g or 140g loads to test. Hopefully we can find a load he can easily tolerate.

I won't have time to do any reloading as I'll be in Alberta all week (Calgary and Athabasca). Guess I'll just take what I have plenty of on hand - .243 Win, .280 Rem and .308. My buddy should be able to shoot my .243 all day. The .308 has a brake (just because I could) and it is pretty mild, too. Will probably take the .257 Roberts as well as it is zeroed for 75g V-MAX and needs to be rezeroed for 100g AccuBond before antelope season. That's another one he can shoot.

If I still had only my 7mm RM, as was the case for 20+ years, my buddy would be out of luck - a few shots with his 7 and time to go home as his shoulder won't take much more.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.