Well, it would have to be at least a 30-06, but would lean more to 35 Whelen, then there is always 338 mag. I've been thinking about getting rid of my bigger guns in 458 calibers and the one 50 in the box.
Now if I lived down in the lower 48 I'd have to reconsider that.
Still would have a 30-06, because it's the best all around cartridge out there. But, 30-30, 35 Remington, 260 Remington, have a real nice 250/3000 1926 Savage bolt gun with a 1 in 10 twist. Got to have a 223 bolt gun, and how about 22lr, can't do with out 2 or 6 of those no matter where you live, can you? Well this just gets harder and harder to think about. I go to the box and look at whats there, with the idea of thinning the herd and I just close the door, spin the dial and go get a cup of coffee. Fortunately I come to my senses, start looking at Gun Broker for the next new to me rifle.
My problem is I have brass, bullets, casting molds and other stuff, well it just gets complicated.
I must admit I've thought seriously about this subject over the years, then I figure the Kids and Grand Kids can work it out after I'm gone. They might sell them all because my guns are blue and lumber only. Hopefully I raised them better.
John