Originally Posted by Pappy348
Excellent points. Compared to some other hobbies like boating, motorcycles, classic cars, and women, shooting is relatively cheap as long as you stay away from the real high-end stuff like express rifles and Parkers.

I get the urge to dump stuff at times because I feel like I'm not using it enough to justify the associated loading stuff, optics etc, but really I think that once I get something set up and ready to go, I get bored and want another project. When I was playing with computers, I enjoyed putting them together, installing software and drivers, etc more than actually using them. Maybe I'm carrying the tinker gene.

Think I have the same problem, like working on them too much(wouldn't be a problem if I was a smith, expensive hobby for a carpenter)...Really isn't a money issue, no my wife hasn't said ANYTHING about how I should sell the ones I don't use. At this point I'm keeping the 8x57, the pair of 270's I'm building(for my boys), a couple 10/22 carbines and POSSIBLY my Mark VII in .300 Win Mag(figure I'd take too much of a bath on that one).

Selling my CZ550 to a buddy of mine, the rest I'm taking to a local ffl to get sold. I guess getting down to 2 personal rifles would be close enough.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči