I mentioned my switch barrel European rifle many posts back. In the mid '90s, I bought a Blaser R-93 in .22-250 and .270. I wanted to stay with the standard case head. The .22-250 was a 14:1 twist, and I was never happy with that (but I should have been). Anyway, I traded the .22-250 barrel for a 9.3x62 which was to be my medium heavy. I have never fired a round through that barrel. My original thought was to dump all the belted magnums and use only the Blaser. The magnums all left, but I have several damn fine rifles, and that is as far as the sales ever went.

My Blaser is the Prestidge model with highly figured wood and the rose and scroal die struck engraving on the action side plates. Scoped with a 2.5-8 Leupold, the .270 is plenty accurate. This is my second dance with Blaser. I had the "ugly" Ultimate model years ago in .270 and .338WM. Both were amazingly accurate. SIL had the 87 (?) in .25-06 and .300 Wby. It was accurate on both counts.

As I mentioned in the earlier post, that is not the answer for an American rifle looney. It is just another itch that got scratched.

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero