I'm in Texas too. I have a matched pair of Browning Safaris in .243 and .308. I can't imagine anything that I am likely to do from here on (I'm eighty y. o.) that this pair will not do. Still, I want to hang on to my .223s and .30-06s and my small assortment of Marlin lever guns .22, .218, .219, .357, and several variants of ..30-30s. I intend for all my .22s to go to the grand and great grand children, and several of them are interested in rifles and shotguns. One daughter wants the .308, and another wants the ..243. We have three guns from my wife's father and grandfather, two of which are at or over 100 years old that stay in the family.

Perhaps I was warped as a child. We survived WWII on a farm with one single shot .22 and what ammo we could get, usually not more than ten rounds at a time. As an adult, I needed more guns. Amen.

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero