Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Crazy heat wave here, about 90 here Sunday, fairly impressive humidity to complete the misery,

then 80,000 fat people sitting shoulder to shoulder in the direct sun.......

Think, Bacon frying.........

We can take cold, thats the purpose of the fat.........

Folks in your part of the country start dieing when it gets that hot with high humidity. Where I grew up, 100 is no big deal. But when I was in College at TAMU, I thought I was gonna die when the temp was 99 and the damn humidity was 95%. It was Frickin miserable !

Not really, here in Northern MN the temps range from well below zero (-50) to 100* plus with 100% humidity, we handle it just fine.

My Father-in-Law a northern boy, was in the south pacific during WWII. He said the weather was hot and humid. I asked him why the army would send northern boys to such a hot and humid place. Said because we have grown up dealing with extreme temperature changes our whole life and our body could adapt. He said guys from the south had a much harder time dealing with the temps and the temp changes than the norther boys.

True or not, I don't know, but it made sense at the time I heard it.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.