While I find it potentially interestin to imagine any 336 capable of digesting BB pressures, I also find it interestin that when Marlin creates their own cartridges, they stay well below Win BB pressure limits.
The exception to this rule seems to be their new 30 cal, yet Marlin admits to several upgrades to handle this lil number.
I've been called old, slow n low, an in fact even worse, but my personal point of view goes back to 40,000 or so. Maybe I'm just a stick in the mud, but I think theres a reason Marlin stays around 40 thou with darn near ever cartridge.
Goin back, the .375 was a bold move by Win an Marlin. It was an attempt to update the ol Ballard number with modern components. They changed it around in order for the two rounds to be obviously different, thus most folks would be savvy enuf to not load one round in the other type of gun.
Paco has been all over the internet with his views on hotrodding anything that fires a cartridge, an hes been vocal on usin 38-55 brass in the 375 for more powder capacity. He seems to think that even the .375 should go faster. Well, considerin how many guns hes blown up, other folks should be lookin at his stuff a lil sideways.
1ST-the 38-55 brass wont hold up to BB + Paco levels of pressure past a couple of loadings. Bein straight walls, they won't warn ya before they let go. Paco should know this, but I guess hes a great internet hero, an above all this mundane stuff.
Just like with the .35 Rem., the 38-55 is limited to its pressure levels. Thats why we have the .358 Win and the .375 Win.
Any who, any 336 may be able to handle BB pressure levels, but I personally am more comfortable in the 40 thou range.