Remember how many rifles turned to shrapnel that were chambered for the .30 Newton?
Remember how howlin mad folks got when Rem released the .35 Whelen? Seems folks were overloadin that number. Read any of the threads here about folks shootin, an some of the velocities claimed? Seems I recall a recent thread where the poster was talkin 2500 fps out of a 45-70.
Folks, you have to be aware that reloading is a safe an rewarding discipline only when it is that-a discipline. I have personly known several folks whose only qualification for reloading was that they had the daneiro to buy all those nice shiny tools.
You can't talk about 375 velocities in the 38-55, for instance, without taking those steps into this zone.
Sorry, guys, but this to me is a hairs breadth away from the proverbial grenade.
One of the reasons we still admire Phil Sharpe is that he brought some science to the alchemy. Unfortunately, we still have to contend with folks who think the bigger the case, the more powder they should pour in.
These days, there are so many good cartridges, the slots where wildcats can fill is pretty small, but if thats where your at, thats fine. I've heard that Texas has a few really good ballisticians, and they have the advanced equipment to study things like pressure an which powders work best. Why not look em up, you might be on to the next fun thing-your wilcat.