Mak -

I�m not recommending shooting a .375 in a .38-55, just pointing out that the pressure would be lower than in a properly sized .375 barrel. In fact I DON�T recommend it. If I was going to hot-rod a .38-55 I�d use .38-55 brass and properly sized, gas-checked bullets. Not recommending that, either, but I do recommend a .375 Win.

I like my guns intact, too. BTW, Marlin DID chamber another 52,000 CUP round in the 336 frame � it was called the .356 Winchester. I have not heard of any .356�s or .375�s blowing up with factory ammo or even handloads for that matter.

A cursory review of part numbers? You go to order a blued receiver for a Marlin .375 Win or a 336 made in the same time frame and there is only one part number to order. If you can find a different part number please let me know.

By the way, the .356 Winchester may have had the same receiver part number as well � I think so but can�t recall, looked it up once but since I don�t have one the answer didn�t stick in my memory.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.