I reall enjoyed this thread on retirement. My Story is Went to sea at 13 to work on salmon trollers. Bought my own troller at 16. Realized that all the cute chicks were with the guys that had the Nicest cars. Invested in a 1960 Pontiac Bonniville Convertible at age 19. Married at age 20 with one son and another one on the way.Had an old Realtor tell me to invest or speculate in real estate at 20. I told him I didn't have any money and he showed me that I didn't need much Made several millon by age of 45. Got all my things in order to go bankrupt at age 49. but missed it by not having all my eggs in one basket. I had saved 560 acres of Old Growth Timber that we 1031'd in to a Manufctured Home community. Quite speculating and went to straight income property investments at 52. Today I am 76 and really enjoying my semi retirement. Wife has been saving since 1990. I think she has everything paid off. I spend most all my time collectiong , speculating, Antique guns. Just spent a week at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester and the think that I still have some life left in me yet. Oh , I also started smoking at age 13 and quit at 50. Not proud of it , but it is a fact. None of my 3 sons have ever smoked, thank God...........Dick

"No balls, No blue chips."