Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

If I understand correctly, Condition One = fully charged, cocked, safety on. Condition Two = fully charged, not cocked,safety on. No safety on a revolver, so I would say the terms don't apply to all firearms. What am I missing? Not being argumentative, genuinely curious.

Pretty close. Both conditions include a loaded mag in place. If this is included in your "fully charged", as I believe is the case, you are spot on.

Most modern revolvers have transfer-bar or other safeties that are disabled when the trigger is pulled.

The belief that revolvers do not have external safeties is generally true, although as late as 1970 the S&W Model 40 was available with a grip safety and there have been a few others with external safeties as well.

When my LCR or SP101 are "fully charged" (loaded in all chambers) with the hammer down and the trigger in the forward position (hammer block safety enabled), I don't think it's a big stretch to consider them in "Condition Two". In any case, they are similar in mode to a semi-auto with a trigger safety but no external thumb safety.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.