Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Doesn't everyone?

Why wouldn't you?

It's pretty telling that it took almost 70 responses before anyone asked WHY cold carrying is done, instead of just saying "your way sucks".

For a while several years ago I carried a Kel-Tec .380 with a pocket clip, appendix carry because it hid in what I was wearing. The make, model, caliber, and method of carry were all compromises. But they were inexpensive and at the time I couldn't afford to pay attention, so that's what I used.

When appendix carrying a couple of things played into my decision to carry cold.
1) I was really trying to avoid shooting my pecker off, or sending a hydrashok through my femoral artery. Drawing from this carry method was never smooth because I had a tucked in dress shirt and it was just never really comfortable. I wasn't SURE that I could draw under stress in any clothing and avoid snagging the trigger so I carried cold.

2) I used a two hand draw....Left hand pushed up on the muzzle and exposed the grip and the right hand started reaching in and caught it. Both my hands were already at the gun, with my left hand covering it as it came out and it was readily available for charging the pistol. This also allowed me to draw very discreetly since my left palm could completely cover the whole pistol.

I practiced a lot and felt safer carrying cold than hot. I was just as fast carrying cold because the extra care I took drawing while hot took extra time.

Were there issues with this setup? Of course. So please don't bother telling me how I could've carried better seven years ago. If I thought it was the best I'd still be doing it. And I'm sure I can find a hypothetical doomsday scenario where your method of carry sucks too.

There will be compromises with any thing and any way you carry. You just have to look around and decide what the best solution is to the problems that you have. And make your decisions based on actual evidence (putting rounds down range with a timer) instead of preconceived notions about how things have to be done.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling