Originally Posted by jimmyp
Anyone that carries without a round in the chamber is afraid of their gun.

By that logic, when I carry my weapon in Condition One or Two, which I frequently do at the range and occasionally elsewhere, I am not afraid of it. But then, when I decide to carry the same weapon empty chamber, I'm afraid of it?

I've been carrying semi-auto handguns in Condition One since 1960 or so when I first started carrying Granddad's High Standard .22 on the farm. Condition One is hardly something new to me.

When I look at my semi-auto handgun collection, five are capable of Condition One, three are not. Four are capable of Condition Two, four are not. Five are safety down to fire, two are safety up, one has no safety at all.

In Condition Three, they are all the same, which I find advantageous. Does Three have a disadvantage under selected circumstances? Of course.

Of the two semis I currently use for EDC, one is Condition One capable, the other is not. One is safety up, the other safety down. Whether they are in the safe, on my hip or in the house and high out of reach of the grandkids (oldest is 3-1/2), they are in Condition Three - which makes them the same. I like same.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.