Originally Posted by Redneck
To no one in particular, I'm a bit more comfy with either my Kahr P-9 or P-45 ready to roar than I am with either of my Kimbers in condition 1..although both have the ambi-safety and I practice a lot with it, dry..

Those DAO P-series make it dang hard, nay - potentially impossible - to have an AD..

For some reason, I was never comfortable with a 1911 cocked and locked either. Weather real or just perceived, the thought of an AD was always there. I am perfectly comfortable with other gun designs with a round in the chamber. There are many designs that make a chambered round just as safe as a round in a magazine.

I know to keep my finger off a trigger until ready to fire due to 35 years of safe gun handling. I also take particular caution when holstering a carry gun. With some holster designs, I will only holster when removed and then reattach the gun and holster as one unit. I will remove the same way for storage. I think a lot of AD takes place when holstering and clothing catches the trigger.