CH...I understand where you are coming from but just totally disagree... One thing you said above was that if you were going somewhere that you considered "dangerous" you would switch from Condition III to I. Do you knoiw what would happen if the S*** actually did hit the fan...you would grab the slide and try and jack a round into the chamber...why...because that is how you train. And if you were carrying a 1911 you would be going nowhere slowly...

My suggestion is go and look at LiveLeak or YouTube videos of robberies and assaults. Unless you have a crystal ball you have no clue when this is going to happen. Walking along a nice woods path and be attacked but a pack of dogs... You want to take the chance of flubbing a "rack". Try turning, running and racking one handed some time...it is hard enough two. Sit in a car, draw and rack while dringing... Just last week RGS posted that video of the car jacking...you want to rack while that is going down...

Kevin...go look at the history of where the gun training came from in Israel you'll find it was developed by an US Army sargent. And why does the Army and Israel public all carry Condition III...because they are UNTRAINED masses.

And then you come to all the unintentional shootings by LEOs especially those using Glocks and other "safe-action" type handguns...and why? Because Gaston Glock designed the Glock to be a military weapn to be carreied in Condition III. Tokarovs are SA firearms that have no manual safety unless imported into the USA...again another gun that was made to be carried Condition III.

I have taught CC and tactical shooting for over 20 years. When students do scenario shooting they ener the scenario just as they carry...don't want to tell you how many I have seen get killed due to flubbing the rack.

When the SHTF it isn't like being on the range....Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....