Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by stevelyn
You will not find a modern SD pistol training doctrine anywhere that teaches Condition 3 carry for any reason.

As I understand it, there are some jews who would disagree with that.

Originally Posted by George_in_SD
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by George_in_SD

Carrying a gun not immediately ready to fire is extremely foolish. Might as well carry safety scissors or a condom.

Comparing a gun without a round in the chamber to safety scissors is what's foolish. I'd even dare say "extremely" so.

I fail to see why. Both are equally useless in this context

I don't doubt that you fail to see why. The answer is because one is a gun that can be loaded and fired and the other is safety scissors.

Originally Posted by NC35rem
My CCW instructor brought up an interesting point on this topic. . . If you have enough time to deploy the weapon AND rack the slide, then you likely (not definitely) have enough time to remove yourself from the situation without firing a round.

How long does it take you to rack a slide?

I said modern pistol training doctrine. I really don't give a schitt how the jews do it. Since you brought it up, the so-called "Israeli Method" was actually the result of an American ex-marine contract trainer whose only handgun training/fighting doctrine was the same dumbed down crap the Army and Marine Corps taught for years. Their "method" was actually an attempt to refine and add a level of discipline to what they were taught. The Israelis don't use that dumbassed method any more since learning the modern technique and having the means to arm their people with handgun lots of one make and model rather than a mish-mash of whatever they could scare up.

I can point you to a Soldier of Fortune article that came out about ten years ago on the history of it and dispelled the myths of its supposed superiority.

The title is: The Israeli Method: Or How To Get Yourself Shot Up In Style.

At best it worked until something better came along.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z