Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Evidently you missed where I said that I'm not promoting cold carry, or where I quoted myself to make it clear.

My point about the Jewish method is not that cold carry is great, but to point out that cold carry does not = instant death, safety scissors, or paperweights.

And please don't start droning on about the decades old "modern technique".

I suppose I did miss it. My apologies. How about we substitute "modern technique" (Excuse me Col. Cooper) with "current training doctrine"? Methods and training are constantly evolving.

Fair enough. I just cringe when I hear "modern technique", because it's nearly always used by some tool whose only exposure to pistol training is reading Cooper's Commentaries and who wears a ghillie suit to the range. At least IME.

And I agree that cold carry isn't a part of any current training doctrine, at least that I'm aware of.

I just cringe when I hear "Israeli Method" because it's nearly always used by some tool who comes across as having an Israeli/Jewish Superiority Complex by Proxy, and they act as if the manual of arms was written on a stone tablet by the finger of God Himself for all the generations to follow, without understanding the Israelis were just trying to make do with what they had to work with at the time.

BTW, I do have active State of Alaska Police Firearms Instructor certs. Modern technique is a term used in the instructors' manual.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z