After much discussion with the wife, finally agreed we needed to consolidate a bit which has lead to my new hunting rig. I owned a 2017 Ram Cummins for my tow rig as well as a 2013 Tacoma as my run around rig, however two truck and insurance payments were just too much - especially considering my ram sits in the garage 95% of the time.

So I worked a deal with the local Toyota dealer and have now gone from those two trucks, to this 2018 Tundra DC 5.7 w/ 4.30 gears. Final trade in on my 2 trucks was fair, final price on the Tundra was very good, and I got them to included a spray in bed liner and nerf bars that I have to take back in to have installed. Also comes with Toyota's 24 month free oil change plan.

Truck itself has the TRD package (which is awesome if for no other reason than the nice wheels, bilstien shocks, and michelin tires) Also has the SR5 upgrade package option which includes front bucket seats, power seats, and best of all a 38 gallon fuel tank. The 5.7 engine has some serious power and it rides very nice. In all its a very nice truck that I am very happy about.

Our travel trailer that we camp and hunt with, is 30' long and loaded is 7k pounds/850 ish tounge, and we towed it less than 6-7 times a year, so while the diesel was nice, it really wasn't needed. This truck will do everything we need from it on the towing/hauling end as its rated at 1600 payload and 10k towing. Time will tell, but I think it will serve me just fine in the mountains.

[Linked Image]