Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by Hiaring8
I just did a 300 mile round-trip on the freeway for work and averaged 18.9 miles per gallon in my new tundra. I’ll take that.

On a trip to Goose Lake, CA I got 18 - 20 MPG on the open road (no stop-n-go), according to the dash display. My calcs were the same, based on gallons filled and miles. Over Willamette Pass I got 18 MPG for 10 gallons, that's up the pass and back down, with some heavy throttle grin

On flat ground, I was 19 - 20 MPG.

I've got the 5.7 liter and 4x4.

Mine mirrors this with a 2008 5.7 4x4. The first "trip" I took with mine was exactly 20mpg driving 70 on the interstate. Had to cross a couple of mountains (small compared to out West) but I'd guess the up gas is made up on the down side. This was with stock tires. I'd guess it would be a little less now with more aggressive tires, I haven't checked it lately.

Mine's used for truck stuff. Pulling a 3 horse/stock trailer, pulling a trailer loaded with hay or tractor, pulled a 21' camper for several years, has an atv in the back as much as it doesn't, nothing big enough to require a 3/4 ton but steady work for a 1/2 ton. It came with a lifetime power-train warranty through the dealer as long as I keep up the minimum maintenance schedule...so they seem to have faith in it's longevity. It's been a great truck and I have not complaints.