Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by broomd
In 2018 there is no reason that a modern v8 shouldn't get 20mpg on the road. Sixteen mpg on the road is pathetic, and I am a Toyota and Lexus guy.

You say 'to MAY to', I say 'to MAH to'.....

What V8 1/2 ton gets 20mpg? Certainly not a Ford, chebby or Dodge. I get better then 16 driving to work every day 50/50 city highway. I have gotten 19.5 at one point driving to Florida. I don't drive 65MPH either, I bet if I did it would get 19.5 on a long trip.

None, you're making my point...

I parted with my latest Tundra, (I've had 4 starting with a spanking new one in 2000) and went back to a V6 ex-cab 4wd T-100.

It meets my needs, hauls my popup truck camper and pulls my Lund boat. And when I drive it down the highway without those toys, it gives me a solid 20+ mpg. I could "want" a v8 truck, but frankly I don't "need" a v8 truck.

But I do like the new Tundras! Great looking rides.

I understand. I have a 10 mile commute to work one way, so the Mileage does not aggravate me. I switch between it a Honda Crosstour and a 2006 Tacoma V6 so right now not a big deal. I bet most people do not need a large truck , I plan on using mine much more when I retire.