Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
It’s not the leveling kit that’s gonna get you, it’s the rubber. As soon as you get away from the P series car tires they come with that weigh like 40 lbs a piece and jump up into 50-60 lb a piece tire expect a 2 mpg drop minimum. Been there done that.

Well, I replaced the factory tires on my 2012 Tundra at 25K and went to Hankook DynaPro ATM LT-rated tires. Been through two sets, now and there has been no discernible difference in the gas mileage. We live in the middle of nowhere, and most of our driving is highway--probably about 60- 65% interstate and 30% two lane blacktop, with the rest being in town somewhere.

I bought a new set of P-series Hankook DynaPro ATMs in January, mostly because we just haven't been doing a lot of rock crawling lately. I checked the mileage on a 1,700-mile round trip to NW Colorado in late January, and again just this week as my wife returned from a 2,100-mile trip to eastern Nebraska. Highway mileage has remained pretty constant between 17 and 17.5 mpg--just as it has been ever since the truck was new.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...