Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Originally Posted by NYH1
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
I was a Toyota guy forever, only time I strayed from a Toyota was to drive a Cummins, wife’s been driving Toyota’s or Lexus for more than 15 years. My son absolutely destroyed a Corolla with 150,000 miles on it when we pretty much gave it away and he got a Tacoma for the Colorado move. But I hold Toyota accountable when they are lacking and IMHO they are lacking. I owned THREE [bleep] Tundras since 2007 and in the current day and age the SOB’s are lacking in so many ways. If they can reconfigure fuel delivery or mate the power plant to a drive train that provides modern day fuel economy and good performance in half ton trucks I would probably buy another one. I never got the kind of mileage some of you are spewing but I also threw away the P rated tires they came with immediately after buying them and I know that the Tundras were very sensitive to tire weight as well as bed or towing weight which makes no sense to me. Hell the diesel I bought to replace the last Tundra got 20-21 mpg on the highway. The Tundra was a solid 15.5 mpg truck on a tank of fuel, the tranny was never happy , even the slightest grade had the tranny downshifting and when towing it was always in lower gears which destroyed the fuel economy and annoyed the crap out of me. But I kept telling myself it’s a Toyota it’ll run forever. I really hope they make some much needed changes , I don’t keep a truck for more than 3 years usually but I’m coming up on retirement and my next truck will most likely be one I keep for a long time. So come on Toyota get your chit together and make a better performing half ton truck and I’ll probably buy it. However right now there’s no way I step out of my current F150 and into a Tundra and would feel like I’m driving the better truck, there’s just no comparison in performance.

What about your F150 with the 4.6L?

NYH1.

Only had that truck for 5 months, it doesn’t count.....grin

[Linked Image]
NYH1. wink

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!