Originally Posted by vapodog
Originally Posted by Calvin
After three attempts, I mastered Halibut Olympia.

Preheat 375

Melt butter in bottom of pyrex dish. Put in lots of onions. Cut fresh halibut in 3/4-1" strips. Pat as dry as you can. Put two strips of hali on onions. Salt & Pepper

Cover with a 50-50 mix of Mayo and Sour Creme.

Bake 20 minutes. Pull out, put on lots of grated cheddar cheese. Bake 3 more minutes.

It's really good. My first two attempts I didn't pat dry and cut my pieces too thick resulting in too much halibut and not enough goop.

Tomorrow I will try mixing some hot sauce in the the mayo/sour cream mixture. I've got a good hunk of halibut in fridge I am working on.

I did some guessing at the missing data and took the advice provided by Calvin....it's spectacular!!!!!

Here is what I did

preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit
melt 4 tablespoons butter in 2 1/2 quart baking dish

Finely slice (1/16" thick) one medium sweet onion and bisect to not have rings but 1/4 circles and add to melted butter

Cut fish (one pound of Halibut in this case) to strips approximately 1/2" X 1/2" by the length of the fillet but not longer than the baking dish.....use this fish to cover the onion.

NOTE: The fish to be thoroughly patted dry with paper towels....I destroyed a dozen paper towel sheets doing this.....dry is good in this case

Mix 2/3 cup sour cream and 2/3 cup mayonnaise, 1 tsp dill seed, 1 tsp dill weed and 1/2 tsp black pepper fine grind....add to the baking dish thoroughly covering the fish.

Bake 30 minutes at 375 degrees uncovered

remove from the oven and add 6 ounces shredded mild cheddar cheese and bake another three minutes.

It's now dinner time.....if you don't like this see a doctor as there's something radically wrong with your taste buds.

I tried this same recipe (less the lemon) but used boneless chicken breast instead of fish.....let me tell you something....it's a helluva good reason to shoot a chicken.....for you Alaskans you might try substituting Ptarmigan.....

I did precook the chicken 1/2 hour at 375 deg prior to baking the balance of 1/2 hour in the mayo-cream sause....find a chicken and do it in....it's worth your time.