Originally Posted by GunDoc7
Thanks for the pictures. That is one pretty rifle! Just gorgeous!

It is a shame that FN logo is going to get covered up, but I agree that rifle needs a scope. I am not very knowledgeable concerning FN commercial rifles. Is that an original stock from FN from when the rifle was built? Could you possibly post some pictures of the trigger guard / floor plate and also of the safety? What kind of trigger does it have? The old J.C. Higgins FN action rifles had a somewhat strange trigger arrangement.

Thanks again,
Gun Doc

I suspect that this rifle was not factory drilled for scope mounts as the safety is not conducive to scope use. I would not have an original rifle like this drilled but would just pass on it and look for another that was. The price was very good, in fact not much more than what would be paid for a new entry level rifle here with the taxes figured in.

ASAIK, that is the original stock for an FN rifle, but FN did make actions for other gun makers such as Browning and JC Higgins and probably other. I really don't know a lot about them either, just enough to get myself into trouble. I've had a couple of those JC Higgins over the yrs and the triggers certainly are strange.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]