Originally Posted by GunDoc7
I agree the rifle was probably not factory D&T, but I am basing that only on the fact that I cannot see FN defacing the logo with holes. The safety might be pretty good for a lefty using a scope. I am building a 9.3 x 62 off a J.C. Higgins FN action. I have the same safety (though not as pretty.) I need to figure out what I am going to replace it with. BTW, and you may already know this, I believe that little segment on the top of the back of the safety facilitates field stripping the bolt. Cock the rifle, pull back on the cocking piece with a cartridge rim, flip the safety about 180 degrees. Your bottom metal looks much like mine, but yours is in much nicer condition. If you take the action from the stock, I would really like to see pics of the trigger. I am going to replace my trigger with a Timney with no safety and keep some type of striker lifting and controlling safety. Again, gorgeous rifle!

Best,
Gun Doc

Thanks ........

I have a Pacific Tool 3 position safety enroute for this rifle. The gunsmith suggests a Timney to go with the safety so I will go that route and have it glass bedded and free floated while at it.

The Weaver rings and bases will be the crowning touch to the whole project. << << << back on subject inclusion. smile

You'll have to get a 7mm Mauser built on another FN to go with that 9.3x62. Be a very nice combo.