Thor is my next largest and has the largest set of horns. He's also the most aggressive with the others. Only Ivar will go toe to toe with him. Thor used to be the largest and is developing quite nicely but he has been overtaken in both heart girth and body weight by the other two above. At this point he looks thin in comparison to Odin and Ivar. Ivar is slightly taller than Thor, but Thor is my next tallest. He's right at 100 pounds, super sweet with people, but for whatever reason is vicious with the others on occasion. Even on hikes he will stick a horn into their rear flanks and lift them off the ground. Bastid might disembowel one of the boys. And of course he picks on the smallest ones. He loves love and is great with people,but isn't at all annoying. This goat is in charge and they all know it. I'm not sure if this means I'm going to have to make sure he is in the lead to prevent drama on the trail, but I'm thinking so. He will also get defensive around dogs which I appreciate more than our dogs do.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Gunnar is my next largest and he is really getting tall. He's almost as tall as Thor, and with the rate he is growing, might overtake him too. I know enough about his breeding and his father to say he looks a lot like him. His father is a beast and maxes out every standardized chart measurement for Alpines. Gunnar is extremely sweet, and loves to follow my son around. Anytime Kristofer has something in his hands, Gunnar will check it out, but not steal it. If Kristofer is playing in the dirt or the water buckets, Gunnar is always right there with him. If Odin doesn't work out for riding, Gunnar might be a willing option.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter