Well just an update. I was able to shoot a cow elk this past weekend. I was wishing I had my goats and they were a couple more years old. I shot her at 11300 and she was at roughly 10350 on a 44 degree slope. Roughly .54 miles from the road but a mile from truck. After quartering out I carried the rear quarter and both backstraps out. IT was fairly steep and it started snowing which made it a little slick. Got to the road dumped my pack went and got the truck brought it back to my pack and unloaded. That first trip was rough with the weight of my pack and my rifle and everything else that we think we should have just in case. Lol!! The second trip I emptied everything from pack and went down empty and was able to carry out the other rear quarter and a front quarter. That left the front and both loins which I went down this morning and retrieved. It Was 14 degrees this morning and only warmed up to 23 degrees by 11:30. All in all good hunt but I definitely can’t wait for my goats to get old enough to help pack.